The First Spiritualist Church of Quincy is open to worshippers of all ages and backgrounds. We are an Independent Spiritualist Church serving the Greater Boston-area. We have a long, proud history with ties to the Ladies Aid Society of Boston, which was organized in the late 1800s. We are a religion of personal responsibility and believe that love and life continue after death. We invite you to come and join us in fellowship.
THE PRINCIPLES OF SPIRITUALISM
1. We believe in Infinite Spirit and that God is Infinite Spirit.
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of
3. We affirm that living in harmony with one's understanding of natural law constitutes true
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continues after the change
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, proven by the phenomena of
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: "Whatsoever ye would that others should do unto you do ye also unto them."
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual and that we create our own happiness or
unhappiness by choosing to live in harmony with nature's physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm the doorway to reformation is never closed against any human soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm that the precepts of prophecy and healing are divine attributes proven through
TWO WORLDS WORKING TOGETHER
BY: REV. RITA BERKOWITZ
God is the Universal Force, the Infinite Spirit. Each one of us is part of the Infinite. We, as Spiritualists, look at all the great teachings and extract the parts that are relevant, always remembering that we are a religion of personal responsibility.
Spiritualism teaches us that life is continuous and that there is a direct link to those on the higher side of life. It is not that man has a soul, but that the soul has a physical body. We shed this body at the time of transition. Our Spirit continues on. The Spirit World is right here, but on a higher frequency. Most of us are unaware of it. Material things are no longer needed in the Spirit World. All we take with us is our personalities. Our faults as well as our virtues go with us. We are all the same.
Continuity of life is proven through Mediumship. The medium will describe one who is in spirit, be it a loved one, a teacher, or spiritual guide and give us their message of direction or encouragement. As we develop ourselves and work to keep our vibration high, we will attract those from the Higher Side of equally high vibration. One need not be afraid of "evil spirits." If we are working for good, we will always attract good. Those on the Higher Side will work as guides and teachers to help us progress and therefore will be working on their own evolution. They will bring through the highest teachings and divine inspiration.
When one passes to the Higher Side, they take their own personality with them. Once they are there, they can choose to grow by helping those on the earth plane or others in spirit to evolve. As our Eighth Principle states, "We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any human soul here or hereafter." Once a person is ready to progress, those in spirit will help them. It is truly two worlds working together.
Heaven and hell are not actual places, but rather a state of mind. We create our own heaven and hell based on the choices we make. We must realize that these choices are our own. Those in spirit will guide us but never make the decisions for us.
We are a religion of personal responsibility. There is no vicarious atonement. Spiritualists are not Christians Jesus is not our savior. We create our own inner peace by living in harmony with nature's physical and spiritual laws.
Spiritual Healing has been a tenet of ancient and modern religions and now is a tenet of Modern Spiritualism. Spiritual Healing works along with traditional and/or alternative medicine. We would never suggest discontinuing any professional help.
The Spiritual Healer works as a channel for Healing Intelligence. We do not decide what to heal. The Healing Guides with always work for the highest and the best. We are truly two worlds working together.